While alignment is about direction, delivery performance is about speed.
Echoes measures delivery performance using industry standard DORA metrics, made popular by Accelerate. Like every other measurement in Echoes, delivery performance is evaluated at the team level, and never for an individual.
Evaluating delivery performance
Echoes leverages the data it collects from your integrations to compute the DORA metrics to the best of its abilities. In the cases where it requires extra information to provide a measurement, Echoes favors exposing ingestion APIs to maximize compatibility with the variety of possible development flows.
- Lead time is automatically computed from git activity, except for two of its components:
- The “deployment” phase, which spans from a code change being merged to its deployment, uses the deployments information declared through the Releases API.
- The “preparation” phase, which spans from a ticket being marked “in-progress” to a first commit, is currently measured for code changes linked to a JIRA or Linear ticket exclusively.
- Deployment frequency and Change failure rate use the deployments information declared through the Releases API.
- Mean time to recovery requires either incidents information declared through the Incidents API or an integration with an incident management system (e.g., New Relic or PagerDuty).
Similarly to alignment, targets can be set for delivery performance.
Updated 20 Mar 2023
Did this page help you?